Eric Shiraev, Ph.D.
Eric Shiraev is an author, co-author, and co-editor of twenty-two books and many more publications in the fields of international relations, politics, political psychology, cross-cultural, and comparative studies. He is developing a distinct multi-disciplinary approach to study politics, social institutions, and political behavior and is emphasizing the role of identity and culture in politics and international relations.
- Check out the first book in the field: Shiraev, Eric; Keohane, Jennifer; Icks, Martijn; and Samoilenko, Sergei (2021). Character Assassination and Reputation Management. New York: Routledge click here
- See other two key publications: Character Assassination Throughout the Ages with Martijn Icks (University of Amsterdam) and Routledge Handbook of Character Assassination and Reputation Management with Serge Samoilenko, Jennifer Keohane, and Martijn Icks.
- Together with professors Jennifer Keohane (U. of Baltimore), Serge Samoilenkio (GMU), and Martijn Icks (U. of Amsterdam) a research laboratory to study character assassination and reputation management was launched and affiliated with George Mason University (USA). The lab is recognized as CARP LAB INC and received a legal status as a non-profit organization under US Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3).
- The lab's international affiliations have grown resulting in several collaborative projects and numerous international conferences and publications.
- A major international success, Cross-Cultural Psychology (co-authored with David Levy) has been published in the United States, China, India, the Czech Republic, Indonesia, and a few other countries. This book has been released in the United States in 7th edition, 2021
- Oxford University Press published the third edition of International Relations and the second edition of Current Debates in International Relations, both coauthored with Vladislav Zubok, a leading historian of international relations (London School of Economics).
- Macmillan published two textbooks, Russian Government and Politics (third edition) and Russian Foreign Policy, first edition, coauthored with Konstantin Khudoley (University of St.Petersburg).
- Besides daily teaching and scholarly work, Eric Shiraev writes policy briefs and opinion essays for the government, non-government organizations, and the media. He serves as a Political Analyst for the Voice of America.